We provide volunteer fire services to all residents and visitors of Lansford Borough. We preserve life and property when called to duty within our jurisdiction and to those we provide automatic or mutual aid to as well. Further, we will discharge our duties with dedication, pride, commitment and respect.
In 1891 several towns-people saw the need to have organized fire protection. Numerous meetings took place and in December 1894, the American Fire Company #1 of Lansford was chartered and housed on Patterson Street, where our current station is located. The station housed a hand drawn manual pumper. In 1906 the Borough Hall shared the premise with the fire department, and the equipment was upgraded to a horse drawn steam engine. In the early 1900's, the volunteers of the fire company raised enough funds to purchase a motorized steam engine, a 1916 Ahrens Fox. Over the years, the fire department fleet expanded to include 2 engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 rescue and a brush unit. Presently our department operates with a 1992 E-ONE quint (ladder and engine combined), a Pierce 1993 Rescue/Pumper, a 2005 KME Engine, 1 brush truck, 1 utility vehicle and an emergency services unit.
Our Fearless Leaders
"A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus, but a molder of consensus."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
Joe joined the fire service in 1990 and has risen through the ranks from firefighter to being named Fire Chief in 2014. Joe holds many professional certifications and is currently a local level instructor for the PA State Fire Academy and an adjunct instructor for the Bucks County Community College Department of Public Safety Training.
1st Assistant Fire Chief
This is should be a prospective customer's number one call to action, e.g., requesting a quote or perusing your product catalog.